As part of the SCSGreen project, we have been working to educate students.
We have created a number of new course in the past few years including
- “Environment, Technology and Society”, which has been taught three times to date. The class (initially called “Enviromental Hackfest”) is designed to bring together a multidisciplinary students, and was co-taught with Artist Jill Miller in 2011. Many details about student projects can be found on blogs associated with the class from 2012 and 2011 while the syllabus and other materials can be found on the main course website.
- Computational Methods in Sustainable Energy
- Artificial Intelligence for Health and Sustainability
We also actively seek students for different projects.
- Active and ongoing REU program during both the summer and the school year
- Students within Carnegie Mellon’s masters program in Very Large Information Systems (VLIS).